Common Problems Encountered
- Poor flowering is a common problem that occurs due to reduced sunlight during summer. Hot, sunny weather is ideal for miscanthus to flower properly.
- Miscanthus plants may rot off if the winter period is too wet. It will decay when grown in heavy soil. You can prevent this by putting some grit into the planting hole.
- Multicoloured foliage may develop brown patches if the sun is too hot. Browning often starts at the leaf edges before spreading. The best way to deal with this problem is to take out the affected leaves immediately.
Common Miscanthus Varieties
- Miscanthus 'Adagio'
- Miscanthus x giganteus
- 'Gracillimus' miscanthus
- Miscanthus sinensis var. purpurascens
- Miscanthus Sinensis 'Zebrinus'